- This event has passed.
International Women’s Day
Let’s CELEBRATE the impressive women who are leading change towards gender equality in sport. Check out the following that was included in the CAAWS E-network for December
- Tricia Smith, Charmaine Crooks, and Jane Roos, three women in sport who made WXN Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women list.
- Cassie Campbell-Pascall, who was appointed to the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee.
- Kirby Cote, who was inducted into the Manitoba Sport Hall of Fame as a Paralympic swimmer.
- Christine Girard, who received her London 2012 Olympic gold and Beijing 2008 Olympic bronze medals and is now the first Olympic champion in Canadian weightlifting history.
- Jayna Hefford, who became the sixth woman to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Manon Perron, who is the recipient of the Coaching Association of Canada’s Geoff Gowan “Lifetime Achievement” Award for her inspiring 30 year coaching career in figure skating.
- Chantal Vallée, who was named as the head coach and general manager of the Hamilton Honey Badgers and is the first woman to hold both these positions on a men’s professional basketball team.
- Irene Wallace, who was inducted into the Saskatoon Sports Hall of Fame for her work in women’s basketball.
- The all-women officials crew of the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association’s Women’s Soccer National Championship.