International Women’s Day
Let’s CELEBRATE the impressive women who are leading change towards gender equality in sport. Check out the following that was included in the CAAWS E-network for December
- Tricia Smith, Charmaine Crooks, and Jane Roos, three women in sport who made WXN Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women list.
- Cassie Campbell-Pascall, who was appointed to the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee.
- Kirby Cote, who was inducted into the Manitoba Sport Hall of Fame as a Paralympic swimmer.
- Christine Girard, who received her London 2012 Olympic gold and Beijing 2008 Olympic bronze medals and is now the first Olympic champion in Canadian weightlifting history.
- Jayna Hefford, who became the sixth woman to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.
- Manon Perron, who is the recipient of the Coaching Association of Canada’s Geoff Gowan “Lifetime Achievement” Award for her inspiring 30 year coaching career in figure skating.
- Chantal Vallée, who was named as the head coach and general manager of the Hamilton Honey Badgers and is the first woman to hold both these positions on a men’s professional basketball team.
- Irene Wallace, who was inducted into the Saskatoon Sports Hall of Fame for her work in women’s basketball.
- The all-women officials crew of the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association’s Women’s Soccer National Championship.