The Prairie Central District for Sport Culture and Recreation recognizes that members’ needs have changed as a result of the pandemic. During a telephone survey with the Recreation Directors, along with comments from member communities, this message came across loud and clear: Communities are facing financial barriers to conform to re-opening their community programs and related recreation facility services. To this, the District is responding in the provision of a one time grant “Relief FUNd”.
This fund will provide financial assistance so that you can safely re-open your recreation facilities and / or implement a sport, culture or recreation program. In addition to regular program expenses, items to address the health and safety of participants, such as masks, sanitizers, dispensers, signage and extra cleaning staff; are also eligible.
- One application per Community will be accepted by fax or email by December 1, 2020.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Approved applicants will be notified by December 15, 2020.
- Expenditures must be made by February 28, 2021.
- Retroactive funding will not be approved.
If you have any questions, or wish to discuss your idea(s) with a Community Consultant, please contact Crystal or Aileen at your earliest opportunity.
Relief FUNd Criteria