What are Grant Writing Workshops?
The Grant Writing Workshop (GWW) & the Aboriginal Sport Development Grant Program – Grant Writing Workshop (ACSDGP – GWW) targets member Sport, Culture and Recreation service providers. The intent of the program is to facilitate the development of beneficial sport, culture and recreation program or project plans. The participant learns how to communicate these beneficial plans to the funder in the grant application process. The GWW can be done in both a 1 day and 2 day format. The ACSDGP – GWW is a 1 day format.
Both the Grant Writing Workshop and the Aboriginal Sport Development Grant Program Grant Writing workshops are offered in the winter and spring by request. Member communities are asked to fill out the Expression of Interest to Host application. The district will try to accommodate each request within the time frames of the Expression of Interest to Host application.
- An understanding of the proposal writing process.
- An understanding of the development of a program plan.
- An understanding of how the program planning process relates to the proposal writing process.
- The awareness necessary to justify the need for the funding.
- The knowledge and skill needed to develop a proposed balanced budget.
- An understanding of why it is necessary to plan the evaluation into your funding application.
- An understanding of how to plan for the follow-up reporting once the event is finished.
Register by January 6, 2020 for the following workshop at the Watrous Heritage Room on January 8, 2020 by contacting Crystal at email@example.com