Ensuring high quality play opportunities through education, training, promotion and the coordination of play resources.
- To increase opportunities for Saskatchewan children to participate in play activities
- To improve the quality of play opportunities for children by providing Play Leaders with the latest knowledge and resources in the field
Play Leadership Training ensures that Play Leaders have the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and coordinate safe, accessible and enjoyable play opportunities for children. The training consists of 8 modules, each dealing with a core competency for the Play Leader.
Upon Completion of the Play Leadership Course, Leaders will:
- Possess a thorough understanding of the theory of play as well as the benefits of play
- Recognize and model the characteristics of a successful Play Leader
- Be skilled in the areas of Behaviour and Risk Management
- Have the knowledge required to coordinate safe and accessible play opportunities
- Have the skills and knowledge to plan and coordinate free, creative and active play opportunities
If you are interested in bringing a Play Leadership course to your community please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more detailed information please visit the SPRA website
For more information on High Five and Play Leadership follow these links:
High Five: http://www.highfive.org/
SPRA Play Leadership: http://www.spra.sk.ca/programs-services/children-youth/playleadership/