Our Community Consultant, Aileen Martin, attended the St. Brieux School’s Volunteer Information Evening on Monday, October 15, 2018. It was a great way to portray how valuable volunteers are with enhancing the vibrancy of a community.
What is a Volunteer Area Input Session?
The Prairie Central District invite communities to host a Volunteer Area Input Session. Volunteer sessions are organized and facilitated based on your communities needs. They can be as short or as long as you have time for.
- The community helps with gathering community group volunteers to one central location.
- The District would provide the groups with information on the sport culture and recreation delivery system in the province and information on provincial organizations and funding opportunities.
- The district would like to dedicate the majority of the evening to a roundtable discussion on community needs, issues and successes.
- The information and feedback gathered will be used by the District to plan and implement programs and services that would better meet the needs of the community volunteers.
- A report on the finding will also be available to those in attendance to help them meet the needs of their community members.
If your community is interested in host or would like more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org