2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games will be held in Lloydminster from July 26-August 1, 2020.
Note: The Sask Games Council is looking for production services. Deadline for the Request For Proposals/Tender Production is Aug 30, 2019. Click here for more information.
Follow the Saskatchewan Games website
Prairie Central District:
*Athletics – Coach + Manager Application Form
*Softball (F) – Head Coaches – deadline is Oct 1, 2019
*Mission Staff – Application Form(Word Document); Application Form (PDF)
Click here for the roles and responsibilities of Mission Staff
Click here for a pdf copy of the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games Age Classifications, Events, Team Size
Click here for a pdf copy of the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games Sport Calendar
The Sport Technical Packages are posted on the Saskatchewan Games website.
Clicking on the sport below will provide a pdf copy of its technical package (check for updates):
- Basketball (M&F)
- Canoe Kayak
- Soccer (M&F)
- Volleyball (M&F)
50 Games in 48 Years: Long-time Games Consultant Lorne Lasuita Announces Retirement
With personal sadness but warm wishes, the Saskatchewan Games Council announces the upcoming retirement of Provincial Games Consultant Lorne Lasuita after an impactful and long-ranging career in multi-sport games, sport, and recreation.
Lorne will officially retire as Provincial Games Consultant on March 31, 2019 and will continue in his role as Games Consultant with the 2019 Western Canada Summer Games Host Society until August 2019.
Lorne has left an indelible contribution to the sport community in Saskatchewan and beyond. He has played a key role in a remarkable 50 multi-sport games — all the way from the Saskatchewan Games to the Olympics, where in Athens 2004 he served as Administration Officer on Team Canada’s Mission Staff.
“I have treated my position as someone who is ‘living the dream,’ providing an opportunity for our province’s young athletes to participate in a multi-sport Games,” he says. “The smiles, excitement and experiences of competing bring life-long memories that have always made my job very gratifying and rewarding.” Read more
TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL participants at the Saskatchewan Winter Games in North Battleford February 18-24, 2018
TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL participants at the Saskatchewan Summer Games in Estevan – July 24-30, 2016
Athletes, Coaches, Managers, Mission Staff – TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL 2016
- To provide an athlete-centered multi-sport experience that compliments provincial sport governing bodies, long term athlete and coach developmental plans, generally in the LTAD ‘Train to Train’ stage of development
- To identify Saskatchewan participants with the potential to advance to higher levels of competition (Provincial Team, National Competitions, Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games, North American Indigenous Games)
- To enhance community development through a sport legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, experienced officials, cultural understanding and appreciation, and a corps of volunteers
- To motivate participants to achieve higher level of sport skill and physical well being
- To promote athlete, coach and official development programs within all Districts in the province
- To provide a provincial showcase which increases public awareness and support for amateur sport in Saskatchewan
- To generate economic and tourism benefits within the host community and surrounding area.