Important update on the
2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games in Lloydminster
from Mark Bracken, Executive Director of Sask Games Council
As the Saskatchewan Games Council, Lloydminster 2020 Host Society and the City of Lloydminster prepare for the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games, the safety and well-being of all participants, volunteers, event staff and spectators is the utmost priority.
The Council and the Host Society are closely monitoring the developments related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to keeping all stakeholders informed as we consider what impacts the pandemic may have on our ability to plan and host the Games. At this time, there is no recommendation to cancel or reschedule the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games scheduled to take place in Lloydminster from July 26th – August 1st, and we remain hopeful that the health crisis will subside in time for the Games to proceed.
The Saskatchewan Games Council will continue to engage with partners and stakeholders and seek guidance from the appropriate health authorities and governments regarding preparedness.
All official updates will be communicated to Games stakeholders via email, on www.saskgames.ca, and across Saskatchewan Games social media channels.
The 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games will be held in Lloydminster from July 26-August 1, 2020.
Prairie Central District:
Follow the Saskatchewan Games Council website for the latest updates
If you reside in the Prairie Central District check out how you can be a part of the Games as a member of the Prairie Central District Mission Staff – Application Form (Word Document); Application Form (PDF) Click here for the roles and responsibilities of Mission Staff. Submit your application by May 1, 2020.
You can ‘Earn Your Edge’ by applying for coaching, managing or other positions that are being offered by clicking here.
SPORT SCHEDULES & TECHNICAL PACKAGES: Saskatchewan Games website.
Click here for a pdf copy of the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games Age Classifications, Events, Team Size as shown below:
Click here for a pdf copy of the 2020 Saskatchewan Summer Games Sport Calendar as shown below
TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL participants at the Saskatchewan Winter Games in North Battleford February 18-24, 2018 Saskatchewan Winter Games In North Battleford has the Roster, Results, Newsletters, Banner Carriers & Flag Bearers, Sports/Age Classification and the Participant Handbook.
TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL participants at the Saskatchewan Summer Games in Estevan – July 24-30, 2016
Athletes, Coaches, Managers, Mission Staff – TEAM PRAIRIE CENTRAL 2016
- To provide an athlete-centered multi-sport experience that compliments provincial sport governing bodies, long term athlete and coach developmental plans, generally in the LTAD ‘Train to Train’ stage of development
- To identify Saskatchewan participants with the potential to advance to higher levels of competition (Provincial Team, National Competitions, Canada Games, Western Canada Summer Games, North American Indigenous Games)
- To enhance community development through a sport legacy of upgraded equipment, facilities, experienced officials, cultural understanding and appreciation, and a corps of volunteers
- To motivate participants to achieve higher level of sport skill and physical well being
- To promote athlete, coach and official development programs within all Districts in the province
- To provide a provincial showcase which increases public awareness and support for amateur sport in Saskatchewan
- To generate economic and tourism benefits within the host community and surrounding area.